The Bridge Way School is the first high school in the Philadelphia region designed specifically for students who are working a recovery program for a substance abuse addiction. The Bridge Way School is an accredited private school approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education and is for those students who wish to attend a program where they will develop and nurture the tools and strategies to maintain sobriety while at the same time holding themselves and their classmates accountable as members of a sober learning community.
To best serve the needs of our students, The Bridge Way School:
- incorporates 12-step principles
- has a teacher/student ratio of 1 to 10
- offers learning support and assessment
- requires evening attendance at 12-step meetings outside of school, so has a No Homework policy
- has a school day that begins at 9:00am and ends at 4:00pm
Bridge Way is a member of the Association of Recovery Schools.